“An efficient tracking, reporting, and performance program with guaranteed performance.”
In order to ensure compliance with local regulatory discharge requirements and the CMP for silver and pH, Metafix, Inc. has developed a proprietary Environmental Management System (EMS); MetaTrax to record and analyze data from our equipment in the field. Each site is entered into The MetaTrax Database. This allows Metafix Service & Support to routinely collect valuable loading data from the (non-resettable) effluent counter installed with each Metafix Metering Station. The (litre) counter accurately records the total volume of silver bearing photo effluent as the Metallic Ion exchange media employed in the Metafix MiX 2000 eXchanger Column treats it.
The proprietary MiX eXchanger media employed in the MiX 2000 eXchanger is the result of a 3 year research study designed to develop a highly reproducible performance efficiency curve for the removal silver from photographic effluent under real world field conditions. The successful conclusion of the research in 1998 led to the development of the following elements critical in successful compliance assurance:
- A stable and predictable recovery media for our replaceable filter columns, called MetaWool.
- A refined and adaptable algorithm used to predict the scheduled replacement of the MiX Column BEFORE the column exceeds local discharge requirements.
- A routine sampling program used to provide a constant performance feedback loop, (The quarterly QA/QC Sampling program).
The MetaTrax database driven system successfully combines in-depth scientific research with innovative equipment, years of real-world experience and hundreds of thousands of analytical sample points to ensure we can successfully predict the performance of our columns and thus compliance with local discharge requirements.
Sample Monthly Report
- A Metafix support person will routinely telephone your lab to find out how much solution your Metafix effluent management system has desilvered. This information is easily accessible as all of our systems have accurate solution counters. We enter this information into our MetaTrax database that automatically calculates the optimum time to change-out your MiX eXchangers. And when it’s time, we’ll call to let you know.
- Every new MiX eXchanger comes with two sample bottles. When an eXchanger is changed out, one of the sample bottles is filled with influent to the eXchanger and the other with effluent. The spent eXchanger and sample bottles are then returned to Metafix. Of course, we arrange and pay for the cost of transportation.After analyzing the samples for silver content and pH level, we issue a Dolphin Report, a written performance assurance statement showing that your photo lab meets the local silver limit, or the Code of Management Practice (CMP) requirements, where applicable. The pH level lets us know that your system is operating in the range for maximum efficiency.
- Metafix also provides you with other valuable reports including the Settlement Statement, the Effluent Discharge Report (silver-rich, non silver-rich, and total solutions), and Incident Reports to track system deficiencies and inquiries from lab personnel. These reports keep you informed about your effluent management program and demonstrate to regulators that you’re on top of performance.
- For immediate MetaTrax support, our toll-free hotline (1–877–METAFIX) puts you in touch with experienced assistance.